Follow the daring plot to assassinate SS General Reinhard Heydrich on this unique movie tour.
The tour combines a rich historical narrative, a suspenseful movie, and a visit to the real sites
where the action took place. The tour includes a private screening of the 2016 Anthropoid movie,
starring Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan and Toby Jones.
Our adventure begins in the funky Kino Aero cinema in the trendy Žižkov neighbourhood. We set the scene in the cinema cafe, where the guide will provide an introduction to the events that lead to the Nazi occupation of Prague. We’ll discuss the problems faced by the local Resistance, the role of Czechoslovak government-in-exile and the context under which Operation Anthropoid was authorized.
We then watch the movie, following the story of Jan Kubiš and Josef Gabčik, the two parachutists chosen to assassinate Heydrich, right up to the final dramatic shootout between the assassins and the SS. After the movie, there’s time for a Q&A and a discussion with the guide, before leaving the cinema in search of some of the real locations featured on screen. We’ll see the Moravec safehouse and Gestapo headquarters, before ending the tour at the Church of Ss. Cyril and Methodius, where the fateful final battle took place.
The tour is limited to a maximum number of 15 participants.
- Historical Introduction: Understand the events that lead up to the Nazi occupation of
- Private screening: Enjoy a private screening of the movie in a cool independent movie theatre.
- History vs Hollywood Q&A: Ask questions and enjoy an engaged discussion session after the movie.
- Resistance hideouts: See the memorials to the brave families who sheltered Heydrich’s
assassins in their homes.
- Church of Ss. Cyril and Methodius: Enter the church where the final shootout took place.
- Heydrich Terror Museum: See contemporary photographs and the real artefacts used in the attack.
Price: 1000 czk per person
Duration: 5 hours
Start time: Fridays at 10 am. Kino Aero, Biskupkova 31